Saturday, October 9, 2010

My Dress Design for Shabby Apple Dresses.

We were assigned a project in one of my fashion design classes that correlated to an actual contest happening at Shabby Apple Dresses. I had  a lot of fun with this project and all the things it entailed. 

My Mood Board

 I was inspired by The Notebook and all of the great dresses that Rachel McAdams wore. The 1940s and all of the different styles that are still cute and tasteful are what I think of when I think Shabby Apple.

My Textiles

The colors are ones I saw that were forecasted for Spring 2011. I chose two knits, the blue-berry is an interlock and cloudy is a single jersey knit  that I thought would work well on the bodice parts of my dresses. For the wovens  I chose two prints, logan berry and butter, which are 100% cotton. Then I chose one solid, raspberry,  that  I thought would go well with the other prints.

My Line Sheet


My Illustration


I hope you enjoy my designs and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment